Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Straight, wavy-ish hair that won't curl. Help?!?

My hair is thick, blonde, pretty long, and straight with a bit of a wave underneath in S-shape waves. I cannot get my hair to curl. Curling irons do nothing. I've tried the beachy waves, and they disappear within an hour. Hot rollers do the same thing -- only they disappear in half the time. I don't want to get a perm, because it would only be an occasional thing to curl my hair. I don't want to damage it too much. Ideas?



Straight, wavy-ish hair that won't curl. Help?!?

Use some sort of product in your hair before you start curling it to help set the curl, then mist it with hairspray afterward. Biolage makes a product called thermal active setting spray that will keep curls set all day long...I used it on my sister's baby fine and extremely straight hair before curling it for a formal event and the curls never fell. But you could get a similar effect using a styling wax or pomade before curling.



Straight, wavy-ish hair that won't curl. Help?!?

My friend had the same problem. What she did was she straightened her hair completely first, then she curled it. She also put hair cream/gel in it before she started. You may have to get a good curling iron,,,some don't work as well because it's not that good of a quality. Good luck!



Straight, wavy-ish hair that won't curl. Help?!?

i have the same issue!! on side is straight the other side is wavy and the back is the S shape and if i try to make it all the same it all switches!!!!!!I hate that !!!



Straight, wavy-ish hair that won't curl. Help?!?

roll your hair after you wash it and use lots of gels set under a dryer or sleep on it and after it is dry finger comb your hair slightly or you will comb out your curls.



that is the only way to get your hair to hold curls



15 yr stylist



Straight, wavy-ish hair that won't curl. Help?!?

The curling iron and hot rollers you used might not be hot enough, you might not have had it in long enough, or you've been rolling too much hair in at a time. I have always admired my friend's perfectly curled under bob, and when I saw her styling her hair one day, her curling iron was practically smoking it was so hot! Pros use styling products in the hair before curling to make it stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment