Saturday, August 1, 2009

I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puf

Lol, you have the exact same problem as me! What I do is when I am conditioning my hair in the shower I use a paddle brush to comb out all the knots while the conditioner is still in my hair. The results give you nice sleek curls instead of the "poof". If you want to use product after your shower you can but this method will make your hair 10x's better. Hope I helped hun and good luck!



I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puffing out?

Try regular body cream lotion. I have puffy hair and I notice that the lotion keeps my hair from frizzing, even when I blow dry and curl it.



I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puffing out?

Matrix makes a line called Sleek.It is especially made for stopping the puffing out. Big and Sexy makes Straight Aero. When your hair is dry, you spray that on your hair and it works instantly. If you get nothing else get that.I am a hairdresser.



I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puffing out?

i had the same problem- switch to sunsilk anti-poof or even anti friz thats wat i use becuase i usta have a firzzy poof, and if thats not enough use the suave glaze gel but first place it on wet palms adn then in your hair so it doesnt get all wierd, or after you get out of the shower tie ur hair back.



hope that helps



I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puffing out?

Before you go to the extreme of a salon chemical relaxer (which is an option but should be your last) try using some products like a frizz smoothing serum, and also, if you're wearing it in a straight style use a straightening balm. Most importantly use a flat iron, and a good quality one too! (The best one I've found is called the Chi, it runs about $100 but it makes your hair shiny, silky, and very straight!)



I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puffing out?

Well, curly hair is going to puff - that's just it's nature. But depending on your haircut it will either puff in all the right or wrong places. It must be layered. All one length gives it the triangle effect (flat on top, poofy on the bottom) Layers balance it out. Where to layer it depends a lot on the length of your hair and how you want it to lay. If you're used to wearing your hair up, then it's going to take a while to get you used to having all that hair around your face. Give it a chance. Don't fuss with it too much after wetting it and use some sort of defrizzer (ie: mousse, gel, serum, etc.) Let it dry all the way naturally or use a defuser on your hair dryer. Good luck!



I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puffing out?

If ur really truly sick of the 'poofiness' you can always straighten it!



I have thick, curly/wavy hair, whenever I try to wear it down it puffs out how do I keep it from puffing out?

FIRST I'LL START W/ THE "SCIENCE" OF CURLY HAIR.....



C curly hair is "resistant" hair..because the cuticle of the hair is closed tightly.



Nothing can penetrate it! That is y when your hair is wet it's probably looks perfect because the "weight" of the water is holding everything down....



You need products that r heavy...like the body cream stuff that the other person mentioned above.



The Frizz -Eezz stuff is pretty good, try their "wind-down" creme.



*Gel product to tame curls is not heavy enough u r wasting your money. Silicone liquids is okay, but i dont think thats what u r looking for .



Look for products that are thick, creamy %26amp; heavy that will keep the hair from puffing!!



Also the secret to non-puff is NOT to brush your hair at all!! Use your finger tips only!! Many black people wrap our heads up in a silk "DOO-RAG" at night. .. your hair will be really nice %26amp; smooth in the morning.



So your action plan:



-Use shampoos that r creamy NEVER clear or gel type shampoos again ,toss them...that's causing the frizz...the best shampoo is something called CREME OF NATURE BY REVLON it is in the black haircare aisle...



-buy the "DOO-RAG" ask for it by name! that is also in the black hair care aisle. It's those rags u c guys wearing on their heads...



-wash your hair, towel dry by squeezing %26amp; pressing down towards the floor, dont fluff dry up ...



-comb/brush hair smooth, wrap "doo-rag" round your head. for extra smoothness wrap your shampoo towel around over the rag so people won't c it.



-go to sleep, okay if your hair is long to leave hanging out of the rag. the towel helps to smooth the ends too....



-in the morning your hair will b so smooth w/ nice waves...the shampoo already has lots of conditioners in it and smells nice...i even squeeze a little "poo" on the ends if they r still frizzy..and i go!



~the secret is the shampoo-find it %26amp; buy it. Also did u know really large hair curlers straighten the hair too?!! like the size of barrels..that will smooth your hair too!!



Thank me now, or thank me later...u choose!!



Luv,



Shay

No comments:

Post a Comment